Wednesday, February 18, 2009

There They Are Again...Words

Again, the words, just when you need them, and what a blessing to be able to be still and listen.

This morning, at exactly the moment I was dusting my special picture of the two daughters/sisters that adorn the family room, and my fingers, lingering, on their faces, came a song that seems so truly appropriate for both of my girls. As I gaze upon that photo every day of my life, I see more than two sisters, back to back, color coordinated for the capture of the perfect photo...I see so much more. And I linger. And I allow the thoughts to penetrate, the smile upon my lips or the cry from my heart. I see what was, what is, and what will be. I try not to dwell on what will NOT be, for that would not take me to a good place. So, I just see what I see, and it is a daily gift, that photo that no one would have believed would become so cherished. That photo that speaks volumes.

Then the words, bursting from the speakers, the beautiful voice on a Sunday Morning CD (rush to Barnes and Noble for one of these collections, they are wonderous), the voice of Katie Herzig, singing "Wish You Well".

Her lyrics...brought to my attention the lives of both my girls, the one who gives me strength by living strong and the one who guides from above...

"....I will remember you
Not the way you left but how you lived
And what you knew.

I want to feel your hands
I want to feel your fire burning
right from where I stand.

I'll find my way
Cause you showed me how

I want to know it's you
When I hear your voice inside my head.
Inside my room
I want to touch the sky
I want to see the stars twinkle
Like they were your eyes.

I'll find my way
You showed me how
I'll find my way
Cause you showed me how.

I want to smell your scent
I want to breathe the air I did before
Before you left.

I want to wish you well
The only reason my heart beats
Is cause you showed me how.

I'll find my way
You showed me how..."

Words, thank goodness for words, love and peace, Kathy

No comments: