Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May Memories

I am posting some new photos so there is something joyful and refreshing to glance at as I write my post today. Actually, I don't have many words. Only images. Glances. Feelings. And my memories. Death will not take any of that away. If anything, they are all clearer, sharper, more vivid, and as they say, "a picture speaks a thousand words". So true.

So, I am capturing May in my mind, as the world celebrates proms, graduations, birthdays, summer, pending vacations, communions, confirmations, friendships, Cardinal baseball. The world keeps going and so shall I. It is still different. Nothing is tangible. There are no more plans such as these. There is no more life as I knew it. Those days and events and times are over. Now there is new life. New opportunities. New horizons. New everything. Yes, everything is new. And that is how it shall be, from now on. Oh yes, I am thankful for the days, months, years we had. Don't ever get me wrong. Is it selfish to have wanted more? I don't think so. I want it all back again. I want to help her select her prom dresses, prepare for graduation, and college, and go to the ballgame, and celebrate Mother's Day. I want it all back. But it's not coming back. She is not coming back. But as I find myself in a "new" place almost every day, and several times within that day, I know that I am going to be okay. Wherever I am it's okay. And wherever I go, I take these images, these moments, these captured seconds of a lifetime. And I smile. I look at her, whether in photographs or in my mind, or feel her in my heart or know her in my soul, and I smile.

No comments: