Saturday, January 9, 2010

Morning Has Broken

Morning has broken, as it did that morning three years ago this moment. It now seems appropriate that our Allison left us at dawn. It signifies a new day. It shows us we do not know what each one holds. That is the beauty. That is the wonder. That is the mystery. That is the reason to live it. At dawn, as she transcended from this world to her eternal home, how loving the arms on both sides must have felt to her. There was love in the room like we had never known and I can only imagine the love in the heavens, the joy, the peace, the freedom, the release from the bondage of this world. That is what I will focus on today, my sweet child. You are free and loved and known, because of that moment in time, when our arms and hearts were intermingled and you left your physical body. I will capture the grace and love of a merciful God and I will cling to your strength and courage, will, and spirit, but mostly, your love.

I will seize the day and I will hold you in my heart until our promised reunion, under God's holy word. I will mourn, of course, every fiber is tingling with some form of emotion, but I will find the smile and know the love and blessing that this day holds, for you, for myself, for your father and your sister. I will live. And I will hold love in the chambers of my soul.

No comments: